Tuesday, August 7, 2012

For Freedom




I like Reality TV quite a bit. Most of the shows I watch happen to be about people in their "real-life" situations, even though I realize most of them are either inappropriate or completely scripted. (Did anyone else watch The Hills or Laguna Beach?) I could go on for days about how I've been watching this stuff since I was too little to understand it, but I will now get to the point. The other day I was watching "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" on E! and heard a quote by one of the girls, of which I wish I could change the last half of the sentence.

"The best thing about life is knowing you’re not gonna be here forever. You know why? Because it makes you live that even more free.
-Khloe Kardashian

Almost, Khloe, almost. I would reword it like the below so as to relay the Gospel in a simple manner.


"The best thing about life is knowing you’re not gonna be here forever. You know why? Because God sent his one and only Son to die for ALL of our sin. It's only in the death and resurrection of Christ that we even have the freedom to LIVE at all, so let's do it for His glory."
-Children of God

For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1 (ESV)

~LeeAnn

The bigger picture is there is a Holy calling
O, how I'm slowly falling!
Falling, falling in love.
And your water has been pouring out on me!
How could I be so naive?
It is for freedom, it is for freedom,
It is for freedom He set us free
Jimmy Needham's "For Freedom"

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog via Google because I'm working on the same wood letter canvas project that you did! (I used "Be still my soul, the Lord is on the thy side." I just wanted to say that I loved what you said above! The best thing is knowing that the best thing in life is knowing Christ died for us that we could be free! He is amazing.

    ReplyDelete